Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 28 - 45,089 words "I Ain't Good-Lookin' But I'm Somebody's Angel Child"

So if I were gonna give up, it would have happened a long time ago. Here I am less than 5,000 words from the finish line, where my prize will be an entire novel written by Amy R. Ha! I'm dazed and tired, past the point of 'hitting the wall' as marathoners do in the last few miles of the race, and I have to say this is one of the most rewarding things I've ever done. I will be able to say that I did, in fact, do something I always wanted to do. I realized that I can't simply sit and wait around until I become the kind of person who does these things. I just have to DO them, and then I will be that person. I've ignored many beloved friends and family members, let the laundry pile up, and have generally been letting Vu take the brunt of the parenting duties at times, but all the sacrifices I've imposed on others will pay off on Friday. Right now my 'baby' is not good-looking. In fact, it's not fit for anyone's eyes but my own and Vu's just yet. I have everything I need to work with now though. And to me, it promises to be something I can be proud to share one day.



Now, a quick pictorial summary of other moments I've managed to snatch recently:



And lastly, but very importantly, Vu self-published his long short story/novella, complete with a cover he designed. I'd love to see this story of his made into a movie - it's so atmostpheric. Give it a try!



5 comments:

  1. "I can't simply sit and wait around until I become the kind of person who does these things. I just have to DO them, and then I will be that person." I ~LOVE~ this quote of yours. Amen. I need this in a frame somewhere.
    I am sooo-ooo proud of you!! You are following your dreams. Not only is this incredibly rewarding for you, but you are also setting an amazing example for Ransom: "Go for it. You CAN do it!"
    Woot-woot. I can't wait until your "baby" is ready for my eyes. <3 you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool! and what is that you're holding...did I miss it? Is it an animal? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a baby robin, Rach! :) It was fully feathered and out of the nest, but it had gotten trapped behind our air conditioner on the side of the house. It was perfectly okay, and I brought it back to the yard where its Mommy was hopping around looking for it. (Luckily, I read on snopes.com that touching a baby bird won't make its parent abandon it!) Anyway, it was the most incredible experience holding that sweet baby bird for a moment and Vu got out his iphone and snapped a photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw, I thought it was an animal...that is sweet :)

    ReplyDelete