Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 15 - 21,745 words

Wooohooo! I'm officially halfway there. Time-wise I'm half way there, anyway. Word count-wise, welllll, I went to a bachelorette party this weekend. The important thing, though, is that I'm only a little bit behind and I'm not falling further behind.

I gave myself nightmares last night, by the way, when I read the chapter I'd written yesterday afternoon to Vu. :) I guess that's a good sign.

I've heard that it's a common mistake for a first-time novelist to create too many characters. I see that I have possibly done that. But I love them all, even this evil ones, even the undead ones. Don't make me axe them! Also interestingly, I've created way more male characters than female ones, even though most of my main characters are women. Hmmm.

I'm looking forward to the rewriting process, when I can once again unleash my inner editor, who is foaming at the mouth and raring to go.

Love to all!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! :) I can't wait to read! Although, if you've given yourself nightmares I may get them too. Such a dilemma. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh-- tell the truth-- you're creating more male characters just so you can kill them off later! ;) They make amusing targets.

    Can't wait to read it, even if I have to take notes to keep track of characters! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wenders, I actually think you hit on something there. Not even kidding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, giving yourself nightmares is an excellent sign!

    ReplyDelete