Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 6 - 10,016 words

I'm at 10,016 words today. This weekend was a bigger challenge because of the extra freedom (and all the alluring possible distractions) in my schedule, but I did it. And when I get through tomorrow, that will be the end of week one. It's hard to believe I'm already one-tenth of the way to having my 50,000-word novel. And thank goodness a new character swooped in and gave me a break from my main character, because I was ready to strangle her. :)

According to Baty's hilarious and helpful book, week two is the hardest. This is the time most people stall out, lose steam, and generally want to throw in the towel. Even if I have to get my word count by repeatedly typing, "All work and no play makes Amy a dull girl," though, I'm gonna get it.

I've made the discovery that I actually like to listen to music while I write sometimes, too. I thought it would be distracting but somehow it actually helps me focus. I'm thinking about exploring writing to movie soundtracks next.

Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment