Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 2 - 3,568 Words

This is the quotation I have pinned to my inspiration board:

"Remember, above all else, your novel is not a self-improvement campaign. Your novel is a spastic, jubilant hoe-down set to your favorite music, a thirty-day visit to a candy store where everything is free and nothing is fattening. When thinking about possible inclusions for your novel, always grab the guilty pleasures over the bran flakes. Write your joy, and good things will follow."
-Chris Baty


This is where I've been writing:



On the desk is a framed post card of my favorite place (The Lone Cypress overlook) and a photo my parents (who have absolutely no doubts about my ability to write a novel) when they were about my age.




And on three other notes that may only be interesting to me, we went to Sunday church for the first time in ages and I decided to be a crazy hat lady:



And we found irises growing in our side yard. They're huge, gorgeous in an arsty sort of way, and smell of this incredibly spicy scent I'd never noticed before.


And my friend Chelsya game me these beautiful ice cream dishes as a house-warming present. I used them as candle holders on my mantel so I could enjoy them every day.







Love to all!

4 comments:

  1. Love those ice cream bowls and your idea to put candles in them! Hey, I thought about wearing a hat today! It's the fickle weather for me. I don't trust the skies (picture me glaring suspiciously up at the sky)....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the ice cream bowls and using them as candle holders - beautiful!

    And not to take away from your awesome blog post here, but seriously...what's up with the AR weather? I'm not planning to bring any cold weather clothes. Am I going to freeze or what?!? I didn't think it would happen, but I am already so spoiled to nice, hot weather.

    Back to your lovely blog post...ahem! I love the family picture of you all. Your outfit is very cute, Amy. I also like how you took a picture of your writing nook. And last but not least, can I get a signed copy of your zombie novel, pretty please with a cherry on top?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful blog. can't wait to write and sip coffee with you. (finally figured out your blog was on my laptop). love, wildbird

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hat!
    I'm so happy that you are writing a novel! I've always enjoyed reading what you have written especially your blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete